quinta-feira, 17 de março de 2016

Rihanna's biggest regret in life: not wearing a bedazzled thong

Rihanna in Adam Selman at the CFDAs
Rihanna in Adam Selman at the CFDAs CREDIT: REX
R
ihanna is back once again on the cover of American Vogue, wearing a plunging, sequinned gown by Tom Ford as she emerges from a sea of water. 
In the issue she reveals that her biggest regret in life is how she wore the sheer Swarovski-encrusted Adam Selman gown to the CFDA Awards in 2014. She doesn't remotely regret wearing the nipple-flashing gown, but the thong she had on underneath it.
She says in her cover interview: “I just liked it better without the lines underneath. Could you imagine the CFDA dress with a bra? I would have slit my throat. I already wanted to, for wearing a thong that wasn’t bedazzled. That’s the only regret I have in my life.” 
Rihanna in Adam Selman at the CFDAs
Rihanna in Adam Selman at the CFDAs CREDIT: REX
The 'naked gown' she wore to pick up the Icon Award is one of the most daring red carpet looks of all time. It was made of fishnet and 230,000 Swarovski crystals, with eight people working through the night to finish it in time for the red carpet appearance. Her stylist Mel Ottenberg said to Style.com: "We definitely wanted to make it a little bit scandalous."
The 28-year-old singer showed her upcoming collection for Puma at New York Fashion Week, and she explained to Vogue why she made it unisex. “I always wanted to do what my brothers were doing,” she says. “I always wanted to play the games they played and play rough and wear pants and go outside.”
Rihanna on the April cover of Vogue
Rihanna on the April cover of Vogue
This feeling hasn't changed: “Women feel empowered when they can do the things that are supposed to be only for men, you know? It breaks boundaries, it’s liberating, and it’s empowering when you feel like, 'Well, I can do that, too'.”
In the interview she also addresses the perceived rivalry with Beyoncé, and explains she doesn't feel threatened by the success of her new anthem 'Formation.'
“Here’s the deal," she explains. "They just get so excited to feast on something that’s negative. Something that’s competitive. Something that’s, you know, a rivalry. And that’s just not what I wake up to. Because I can only do me. And nobody else is going to be able to do that.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

COMENTE O QUE VOCÊ ACHOU DA NOSSA MATÉRIA!